- Pele has always hated his nickname, which he says sounds like “baby-talk in Portuguese”.
- The lion costume in the film Wizard of Oz was made from real lions.
- Sex workers in Roman times charged the equivalent price of eight glasses of red wine.
- More than 90% of plane crashes have survivors.
- Forty-one percent of English women have punched or kicked their partners, according to a study.
- The egg came first.
- In the 1960s, the CIA used to watch Mission Impossible to get ideas about spying.
I’m becoming a sucker for end of the year lists. You can see the entire Top 100 if you’re addicted too.