Over the last 2 years, I’ve slowly and steadily grown my personal RSS reader and email subscriptions and would like to expand my list. What travel blogs do you read or recommend?
Here is my list below, (with a description from the site’s about page and my own), please let me know if I’ve missed any of you!
- Away’s Travel Blog – Our roving team of travel editors will apply their collective wisdom and experience to help you successfully navigate the virtual world of travel information.
- Blissful Travel – Erica Johansson is a freelance writer and photographer from Sweden. Her love for writing and traveling led her to travel writing.
- Eye Flare – This site is run by Jack Norell, sometimes photographer, traveler, and teller of tall stories.
- Family Travel – See the world with your kids.
- :: future gringo :: – Great blog about the Denver region, even when James strays off topic 😉
- Go Girlfriend – Where intelligent women (and men, ah-hem) go for travel information that matters. We inform, connect and inspire women to live their travel dreams.
- InFlightHQ – A blog that publishes tools, tips, and techniques for tech-savvy business travelers.
- Jaunted – Our daily web magazine is a pop culture travel review for a generation that possesses a small attention span.
- Nordic Travel – Advice and compelling videos from the Nordic region.
- Simple Green Choices – Both Tom and Yen write about the environmental impact of travel.
- The New Home of Suddenly Susan – Food-obsessed word nerd traveling the world who enjoys playing board games, eating Vietnamese sandwiches, and wrapping gifts.
- Travel Rants – Darren’s aim, “to make the site a popular destination for travel consumers, where they can receive advice, ask questions and join in discussions” has been realized and the forums on Travel Rants are invaluable to travelers.
- Traveling Blog – Detailed information of Asian travel destination and advice for travelers to east Asia.
- Upgrade: Travel Better – The blog focuses primarily on the mechanics of travel, seen from a consumer’s point of view.
- Uptake – Great takes on family travel in the US.
- White Point Manor Blog – Nova Scotia, Tourism, and Travel Issues.
Since this website may be new to you, I’d like to introduce you to foXnoMad. Visit my about page, see the places I’ve been, and subscribe to my RSS feed.
I’m lucky enough to have been exposed to so many great blogs and resources and hope to add to my list through your recommendations.
Great list 🙂
I can recommend three of my favorite blogs:
Erica, thanks for the recommendations. I need to add more photo-oriented blogs to my readings.
I especially liked nomadicmatt.com – looks like a wealth of travel information and the photos on Taylor Davidson’s site are wonderful.
Thanks for the shout\out, foxnomad. We enjoy following your blog, too. Happy travels! Alistair @ blogs.away.com
Great list! I would love to be included. We are a family going on our third year of an open ended world tour. We have found ways to live large on little ( 25K a yr for family of 3) and give lots of how-to information on extended travel, mobile living and web 2.0 roadschool education that we have learned along the way.
We are proud that National Geographic Traveler called us: ” One of the best family travel blogs in cyberspace” and you can find us on Alltop travel.
We take lots of schools and homeschoolers with us virtually & we are excited to be taking some disadvantaged kids through the nonprofit “Reach the world”, starting in September!
You might want to checkout our youtube channel too:
It was nice to run into your Soultravelers3, I’ll be keeping up with your travels in my RSS reader 🙂 Feel free to come by here anytime as well with your input and advice on family travel.
Hey, over here! Over here! Check me out, I won’t be offended if I don’t make the grade though…!
Hi Ant, I’ll certainly check out your site! I just took a look at your travel map, where are you traveling at the moment?