There were some excellent tips in the comments this past month and these are a few of the best comments from March. If you’ve never left a comment before, why don’t you give it a try and say hello and where you are at the moment? Don’t be shy – I’d love to hear from you.
- Ian E O dishes out a lot of good advice on choosing the right backpack, adding that what you need for a week is all you need for a long trip.
- When traveling check out the local markets Audrey suggests; in many places they’re where you can see the cross-section of rich and poor.
- Congratulations to Jen Laceda who recently gave birth and may have experienced her first set of contractions due to these danishes in Denmark.
- Sherry Ott tells me I just missed the Amazing Race pit stop at the Beatles statue on the Reeperbahn, where the Fab 4 spent many of their early years.
- Driving on the German autobahn is so fun Bernie and 8 of his buddies from Canada go there every year to drive around and visit some car museums.
- The Jetpacker points out that included in a free visit to the Reichstag is a free audio guide that points out landmarks and takes you through the history of the iconic building.
- Chris has it right, don’t be fooled by the puppy dog eyes in Marrakesh or you’ll be one of the tourists who gets scammed. At least they don’t spit – something Tom has come across in Bolivia.
- The Little Mermaid of Copenhagen traveling to Shanghai as James Clark mentions. I agree with Anjuli, she should probably take a jacket.
- Amy‘s not traveling without her iPhone and Ayngelina isn’t cutting out the booze but you can still cut some of these 7 things you can really do without to save money.
Thanks to everyone who left a comment this month, there are always so many great comments it’s hard to select just a few each month. If you’ve never left a comment before, here’s an easy way to start – simply say hi and where you are right now to get the conversation rolling and we’ll all jump in too.
[photo by: cortto]