The Best City To Visit Travel Tournament 2014: Final Four

March 25, 2014 by Anil Polat

sibiu best city 2014 final four

Love it or hate it, we now have an all-Romanian Final Four with Sibiu facing Alba Iulia, which narrowly escaped elimination with a tie-break. For those of you who are upset or think the tournament is broken because of Romania’s strong showing, here are my thoughts and response to the haters [NSFW: language]. With that out of the way, let’s see this civil war of cities heat up and whether or not Sibiu can take one more step toward becoming the first repeat champion of The Best City To Visit Travel Tournament.

Voting in the Final Four is open until Sunday, March 30th 6pm US EST to determine the two finalists in this yearโ€™s contest. Those of you reading through email and RSS will have to click-through to this page to vote.

best city to visit 2014 bracket

Comments - 23 Responses   (Need a pic to show with your comment? Go get a gravatar!)

1. Mila says:

There is Romanian conspiracy all over internet to make it the most visited country EVER ๐Ÿ˜€
    jajja I’m kidding, I am glad to see how passionate they are, there is another hilarious example!

2. Haters gonna hate! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. rdu says:

craiova,best city to visit,istoric monument and other….

4. Sofia says:

I find this pretty hilarious, though I haven’t been to any of these cities which entered the final four.. I think it’s about time that I visit them, and see myself why they made it to the top cities to visit.

5. Ada says:

PIATRA NEAMศš FTW!!! Most beautiful city, too bad I don’t see it on the list.

6. Ruxandra Alina Secere says:

Craiova??? visiting for what?? for seeing how are the animals treated?? good joke! Never visiting Craiova!with all these killers here that wants money, more money…..with the mayor Lia Olguta Vasilescu-THE DOG KILLER-FOR MONEY!I’m from Craiova and im ashamed that i live here!

(-34)
    • Anil Polat says:

It’s my thinking that if you live somewhere and don’t like it, strive to make it better, otherwise, if you wait for others, nothing will change.

• Unul says:

I am from Sibiu but honestly this vote has no sense if you have to visit it again, and if Craiova wins, OMG, that town?! Is one of most ugly cities out of the big ones, i would understand if Cluj would win, because that town deserves it.

Anyway, if Craiova wins, best of luck there and you should deffinetly make a very good documentation about the city before you go there.

(-9)
        • Daniel says:

If Craiova wins, Anil has the chance to discover the beauty of the “most ugly city”. Last year I voted for Sibiu, it’s a nice city. But also Craiova it’s a nice city, if you want to discover the beauty, not searching the bad parts (that all the cities have). By the way, I’m from Craiova and I sign with my real name and blog. It’s easy to say something against the others, like Anonymous. All the best from Craiova!

• Zice lumea says:

Haters gonna hate! ๐Ÿ™‚
          Indeed, the city had some bad reputation because of some roma(gypsy) people, but it also has its beautiful and interesting parts to visit. Just google Craiova for images and you’ll see some. I also bet that the ones that are saying bad things about Craiova, they haven’t visited the city for a long time. Some things were changed since then.
          And the other ones that are living in Craiova and are saying bad words about the city, I bet they didn’t move a finger to change something bad into something good. They are good only to point with their finger.
          Craiove has a lot of wonderful and joyful people and we are warmly expecting you if we win the final. There are a lot of beautiful places to visit and I’ll also bet you’ll like the girls around here, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

• alex says:

reading your comment makes me realise you have not been in Craiova for decades. It is a shame to be Romanian and not knowing your own country..Craiova is one of the oldest cities in Romania..it was documented for the first time in 225 AD, while Sibiu was 1000 years later..as wll as Cluj..Craiova exists since the Roman Empire..

• Daniel says:

What about Sibiu ? What can you see in Sibiu ? That the city with the slowest thinkers ever.
          Sighisoara or Brasov should have been here instead of Sibiu. Too bad.

“Unul” you should stop hating dude, it doesn’t do well on your “ardelean” health.

Good luck

• Alice says:

Dear Ruxandra, please take all the dogs at your place to raise them, if you don’t agree with the measures taken by the local council. [EDIT: removed. Say what you want but be polite -AP]

• Alex says:

Don’t let a mediocre, evil minded mayoress tarnish the legacy and beauty of your city. You are counterproductive.

• alex says:

I was born in Craiova and i am proud of it..one of the oldest cities in Romania and eastern Europe..it’s dated since the year 225 A.D..there is history written all over the city..

7. eyeseeyou says:

Craiova most corrupt city, with most stray dogs. watch out!

(-24)
    • Alex says:

Or you could visit Cluj, a city with generic austro-hungarian architecture, plus more stray dogs than the whole Hungary.

• alex says:

you just made a fool out of yourself..you are a disgrace for all Romanian people. We should be glad that there is an oportunity for a city of our country to be promoted..You just promoted hate! You should come and visit Craiova..you might be surprised!!

• Daniel says:

Nothing to see in Cluj, there should be Brasov or Sighisoara instead of that.
      We don’t like to see hungarian cities.

(-1)