It was very tough keeping up with the best comments this past September, there were so many helpful, informative, and hilarious ones! The comments are where foXnoMad comes to life – all because of you. I’ll have a commenter prize again in the coming months but if you’re willing to transfer your talents to video, you could be taking a free 1 week trip (anywhere you want) in my latest contest.
- Big Macs might not be good for your body, but they could help lighten your wallet when traveling, according to Federico.
- Slingshot nomad, migration backpackers…personally I like “boomerang nomads” – one of Vinny‘s suggested glamorous names for family travelers in response to Heather‘s request.
- Those of you having arguments in Japan should take Tina‘s advice and be apologetic, not angry, to get your way.
- Some more great information for a first-time flight with an infant by mother and flight attendant Skychi and experienced family traveler David.
- Barbara gives some special insight into how our travels change as we age, Jae reflects on enjoying the differences, and Donna is traveling more than ever.
- Are Kelty backpacks as big as they claim? I love the dedication of bakbubo to finding out.
- Maybe having people in my travel photos isn’t such a bad thing, thanks Barbara! (With a special nod to your Dad, many of us should ask ourselves this.)
- Access (blocked) Facebook in Vietnam using Hootsuite, worth a shot suggests JoAnna; for a full-on approach to Internet censorship Justin recommends VyprVPN.
- For all of you flying across Europe with your pets, consider taking KLM for a stop in Amsterdam. JoAnna mentions the (rather awesome) fact that the airline has a pet hotel for layovers.
Thank you all so much for the comments and continued support. I’d like to mention again my Live The Backpacker Life Contest and hope you’ll consider entering. I’ll fly one of you for a week anywhere in the world you want. If I had the money I’d send you all, but for now I’ll start out one trip at a time.