The conversations were on fire this past month; on several posts you and your fellow readers gave us all a lot to think about. From taking better pictures to protecting your camera with insurance, these are some of the best comments from January.
- While adjusting contrast on a travel photo can enhance it, Barbara notes you shouldn’t increase or decrease it across the board; while Dave suggests many applications that can help you tweak like a pro.
- Those of you worried about the effects of digital editing needn’t worry – Bethany reminds us that photos have always been processed.
- Cam says a low-fare carrier isn’t always the cheapest option when you consider these conditions, so often common with budget airlines.
- One of these free programs saved Barbara from disaster – find out what it is so it can do the same for you.
- Natalie has become addicted to the travel blogosphere like so many of us – have you met Priyank? His travel blog has been around for a very long time by Internet standards.
- Another great comment with a link to a video by Dave, showing the aftermath of being robbed in a hostel.
- Considering that story, you might be more keen to travel insurance if you already weren’t – Theodora shares an online tool you can use to compare policies and prices.
Thank you everyone from providing the great conversations on these posts from the past month. For February (as promised) I’ll pick the my favorite 5 comments and have a small gift to send the authors. Is there anything you’d prefer? I’m leaning toward a small Amazon.com gift card because they’re easy to deliver digitally and rather useful for most people – but I’m open to suggestions. I’ll announce what I ultimately decide, appropriately, in the comments below this post a week from today.