An Overview Of The Isis Hotel
The Isis Hotel occupies the 16th floor of a large multifunctional office building in Cairo, about a 5 minute walk to the Egyptian Museum. It is close to several metro stops and a short 10 minute walk to the Nile River. The hotel itself is comfortable and he rooms are clean, though the same can’t be said for the shared bathrooms (the private bathrooms were in much better condition).
The owners are extremely hospitable and make it a point to have guests feel at home. Complimentary afternoon tea and good advice on getting around Cairo as well. Less independent travelers may wish to take the hotel’s advice on organized tours to other Egyptian cities, though personally I feel getting around Cairo should be straightforward enough for most – and at much less cost. Rooms and floors are cleaned daily and there is breakfast included in the mornings. A decent hotel in a great location for very competitive rates.
View Worldwide in a larger map
- Category: Moderate Budget
- Dorms Available? Yes
- Private Rooms? Yes
- Breakfast? Yes – One egg, toast, butter, jam, and tea or Nescafe
- Free Wireless? Yes, both in the lobby and in the room
- Quality of Wireless: Decent, though the staff has a habit of turning off routers at night but turn them on again upon request.
- Airport Pickup: Yes
Compare Prices And Book: Isis Hotel On HostelBookers
- For more of what I’ve written about Egypt, including my photo galleries, check out my Egypt travel information page.
Any Questions? Feel free to contact me.