You can find more Egypt travel information within the posts below.
- Is Hurghada Safe? – It’s what’s keeping you away but a good reason to get going.
- 6 Reasons You Should Visit Hurghada, Egypt And One Why You’re Not – Literally a sea of calm in a chaotic region of the world.
- The Best Comments Of April 2012 And May LIVE CHAT! Solo Female Travel To Post-Revolution Egypt With My Guest Giulia Cimarosti – My monthly live chat focusing on your questions about solo-female travel to Egypt.
- 8 Things You Probably Got Wrong About The Great Pyramids In Egypt – Chances are you may have one or more of these misconceptions about this famous tourist attraction.
- Is It Safe To Visit Egypt Right Now? – What it’s like to travel in Egypt months after the January 25th revolution.
- 4 Months After Revolution: Why You Should Take Advantage Of Egypt’s Rare Travel Window Of Opportunity – What makes such a great current travel deal.
Photography From Around Egypt
- A View Of The Red Sea From Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay In Hurghada, Egypt – It’s never winter here.
- Room With A View: The Citadel Of Qaitbay In Alexandria, Egypt – Where the rulers of Alexandria got the best views of the bay below.
- History Waits For History To Unfold: The Great Sphinx Of Giza, Egypt – A rare sight of this famous tourist attraction.
- History For The Pages At Bibliotheca Alexandrina In Egypt – A photo of this impressive cultural center in Alexandria.
- A Lonely Tout Looking For Business At The Great Pyramids Of Giza, Egypt – Visualizing how Egypt’s tourism industry has been hurt since the January 25th revolution.
- Haunting Cairo’s Heliopolis District Nearly 100 Years Later: The Baron Empain Palace In Egypt – The history of one weird building in Egypt’s capital city.
View Worldwide in a larger map
Where I’ve Stayed & Recommend [What this means]
A Few Places To Eat, Drink, And Explore
These are just a few selected places of the many I visited in these cities for a sample of what to see and taste.
- Eat & Drink: Al Dahhan [map]; Arabesque Cafe [map]; Felfela [map];
- Explore: Baron Empain Palace [map]; Muqattam Hills [map]; Museum Of Egyptian Antiquities [map];
- Explore: Great Pyramid [map];
You can learn more travel information about other nations by checking out the full country list here.