You can find more Portugal travel information within the posts below.
- The Best Cafes In Lisbon, Portugal, For Food-Loving Freelancers – Good food, coffee, and working spaces.
- 10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Porto’s Bridges That Are More Interesting Than You May Have Guessed – Some of the most interesting action above the Douro River.
- Discovering The Art And Heart Of Porto: The Best City To Visit In 2011 – My trip to the city you voted the best to visit in my annual contest.
Photography From Around Portugal
- Propreidade Privada, Private Property With A View Over Porto, Portugal – Makes trespassing worth it.
- Where Harry Potter Was Just A Twinkle In JK Rowling’s Eye: The Livraria Lello Bookstore In Porto, Portugal – The short story behind Harry Potter’s connection to this famous bookstore.
- A History Of Rivals Between Two Eiffel’s Over Porto’s Douro River – A tale of two famous bridges in Porto.
- Peeling Back Porto’s Tastiest Layers With Its Signature Sandwich Francesinha – A picture of this famous Porto culinary creation.
View Portugal in a larger map
Where I’ve Stayed & Recommend [What this means]
A Few Places To Eat, Drink, And Explore
These are just a few selected places of the many I visited in these cities for a sample of what to see and taste.
- Eat & Drink: 1300 Taberna; Alpendre; A Mercearia; Confraria Da Empada; Fora de Moda; Pois Cafe; Portas do Sol; O Piteu de Graca; Rainha D. Amelia Cafe; RC Restaurante;
- Explore: Baxia Square; Belem Tower; Jeronimos Monastery; LxFactory; MAAT;
- Eat & Drink: Buhle [map]; Cafe Aviz [map]; Cafe Santiago [map]; Calem Port Wine Cellars [map]; DOP Restaurant [map]; D. Tonho Restaurant [map]; Pizzeria S. Martino [map]; Restaurante Book [map]; Restaurante Quarentae4 [map];
- Explore: Bento Train Station [map]; Bolhao Market [map]; Bolsa Stock Exchange Palace [map]; Casa de Musica [map]; Clerigos Church Tower [map]; Livraria Lello [map];
You can learn more travel information about other nations by checking out the full country list here.