One of the nicest hotels I’ve stayed at anywhere, the Dawood Hotel is centrally located in the Old City of Sana’a and every room is uniquely decorated with a distinctly Yemeni design. The rooms are large, clean, and the staff incredibly attentive to the needs of the guests, which have dwindled as tourism to Yemen has slowed drastically since 2010. There is also free wireless in the hotel (although the signal is stronger on the lower floors) and food plus shisha served at reasonable prices from the kitchen on the terrace until 10pm. The Dawood Hotel has 20 rooms with prices around $45 per night which puts it in the budget price range when compared to other hotels in Sana’a.
View Yemen in a larger map
- Category: Moderate Budget
- Dorms Available? Not specifically but large enough for small groups
- Private Rooms? Yes
- Breakfast? Yes –eggs, bread, jam, butter, tea, Yemeni coffee, and instant coffee
- Free Wireless? Yes, better on the lower levels
- Quality of Wireless: Poor – but not uncommon for connections in Sana’a
- Airport Pickup: Available; roughly $30
- For more of what I’ve written about Yemen, including my photo galleries, check out my Yemen travel information page.
Any Questions? Feel free to contact me.