I suppose everyone isn’t keen on New Year’s resolutions although the comments indicate that your fellow travelers have big plans for 2010. In response to the question, did you keep your travel resolutions for 2009, I’d say it’s a middle-of-the-ground “sort of”.
- GoPetFriendly: “We did not make any travel resolutions in 2009 because we didn’t know how drastically are lives were going to change with our dogs AND starting up GoPetFriendly. Our resolution for 2010 is simply to travel as much as we possibly can (70-80% of the time) with Ty & Buster in our RV … being ambassadors for people traveling with their pets and showing them how easy pet travel can be.
- Shannon OD: “I didn’t set any for ‘09, but I let my ‘08 ones carry over for me. In ‘08 I did a whole vision board where I cut out images and created a picture of what I wanted my next couple of years to look like – and RTW travel was on there…And to that end, yeah! I met them all!
- Mark H: “None made…none broken…”
- Heather On Her Travels: “I did achieve most of what I wanted, but perhaps didn’t progress as quickly as I might have liked, mainly due to the fact I was working full time and there just weren’t enough hours in the day…By the way Anil, I’d find you a nightmare to travel with if you’re always cutting it fine for flights. As a natural born planner, this would blow my stress levels – how does your wife cope with you!”
- Brooke vs. The World: “haha, I think my resolution was to get the hell out of Ukraine! Resolution: Completed.”
- Gourmantic: “As for 2010, well, I don’t believe in resolutions just because it’s the New Year. I keep the vision and the plan I’ve set out and work towards it, reassessing as I go along.”
I’m also not one for keeping resolutions based around the New Year but set a variety of specific personal and professional goals for myself throughout the year. I didn’t really make any travel resolutions that I remember for 2009, except to continue traveling full time. As for my personal travel resolutions for 2010 they include making my way to Ecuador (and nearby) this spring, perhaps stopping in Central America, and on to the United States. I’ll stay for a few weeks including a stop at the Travel Blog Exchange in New York this June. That’s only for the first part of 2010 and perhaps our paths will cross.
Where are you headed in 2010?