I hope you’ve all been paying attention to the comments (and hopefully leaving some of your own!) There is a lot of good information below each article in the comments section submitted by readers like you. I appreciate all of you who’ve left a comment over the past month, here are some of the best from April.
- Some information changes suddenly and some so gradually over time we don’t take notice. It can be hard to keep up, especially when you plan well in advance as Nico mentions.
- Bobbi Lee got a free copy of The Underground Guide To International Volunteering for being the first person to comment on my review about the eBook.
- If you’re using a Mac, Trisha Miller has a nice little shortcut to activate a password-protected screensaver and Richard recommends creating a guest account if you like to share your laptop at hostels and other places.
- Sadly, Donna Hull also missed Essaouira’s goats in trees.
- Joel has a lot of good information on bank and credit card accounts that don’t charge many of the fees travelers come across.
- Volcanic ash isn’t all bad, it seems that airfare to Iceland has dropped recently according to Katie Hammel. Besides that, Hjortur Smarason reminds us that watching live volcanoes is another good reason to visit the Iceland.
- Earl tells us a little bit about his experience at the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in India.
- There are many good free online sources to learn new languages and Carrie adds some advice on using a computer to help learn that next language.
- Kim puts airline prices in perspective but for Emily and most of you, paying to pee crosses the line.
Thanks to all of you who left a comment this month – I’ve got some prizes and few little treats for commenters coming up in the next few weeks. I’ll announce them in a post soon so if you haven’t before, practice here with your first comment!
[photo by: fofurasfelinas]
Thanks for the mention!
You’re very welcome, thanks for the thoughtful comments!
Many thanks Anil! I’m a fan of this type of post as it gives me another chance to learn something I might have missed the first time around…
You’re welcome Earl, I’m glad to hear you like these posts. I know the comments can be hard to keep track of so it’s nice to jump back to them at the end of each month.
Thanks, Anil. I love reading the the comments sections. It’s some of the more colorful and even illuminating reading out there. The collective mind, so to speak.
Thanks Nico, the comments add so much to each post, I appreciate you contributing 🙂
Great stuff, Anil. Sometimes I think a good comment is worth a short article by itself because they can be that good!
Thank Dina, I totally agree!
I love the blog updates- but I must say, I also enjoy each and every comment. So much to learn from what everyone has to share.
…and thank you for all of your comments as well Anjuli, you’ve added some great insight into the conversations 🙂