The comments over the past month started strong when I asked how you swap house keys when traveling and kept on going right through deciding the winner of the Live The Backpacker Life Contest. Here are just a few of the best comments from October.
- Heather and Dee‘s suggestion on using a wall-mounted lock box to leave keys for couchsurfers really got my mind going on all clever ways to exchange small items when traveling.
- Wandering Trader asks how long it took me to research this post – the answer is a few months but the idea had been brewing for nearly 2 years.
- Sofia (and myself) are shocked people lucky enough to survive the initial impact of plane crashes often die trying to save this while forgetting these.
- Catia‘s not scared of plane crashes, which doesn’t surprise me since her gravatar looks like a photo of her jumping out of a plane – what do you think? (By the way, if you want a nifty photo to pop up next to your comments on this site (and most every other one too), you can get a free gravatar here.)
- Those of you looking for a new book to read should consider Bas‘ suggestion.
- Let’s just say you were in a temple with poisonous snakes all around like Laura was, would you have to be told not to touch them?
- Flip sees a two headed cow in Limoges, France and so does Ayngelina – now that they mention it I do too. What about you?
Thanks again for another wonderful month of your thoughts, opinions, observations, and comments. Next month I hope to have a little gift for all of you, until then, have a fantastic November.
[photo by: cwgoodroe (cows whispering)]
Perhaps there’s something mesmerising about snakes that makes you forget all common sense.
Possible but wouldn’t want to find out up close! Thanks for another great comment btw, you seem to have a knack for making it on this list 🙂
great idea for a monthly contest Anil, loving ur site
Many thanks, I enjoy highlighting the wonderful comments left here and glad to hear you enjoy reading them too 🙂