Due to the hectic March madness travel contest a few weeks back (congratulations again Porto), I wasn’t able to highlight the best comments from last month. So, today for this last post of April, I’m combining the last 8 weeks for a bonus look at the best comments from March…and April.
- Guilia who nominated Cairo in The Best City To Visit Travel Tournament tells us a bit about what the city was like in the aftermath of Egypt’s uprising.
- Those of you using a Windows desktop back at home for computer support should take this bit of Rich Polanco‘s advice.
- Betsey highlights one of the best aspects of a best city contest.
- Istanbul’s Basilica Cistern seems to be everywhere, even on an episode of The Bachelorette – thanks Sara Gabrakirstos!
- AirTreks Nico has a great wind-up car analogy for travel I think you’ll enjoy.
- Turkey’s For Life brings up a good point – I wonder how many world adventure ideas came up over a few too many drinks?
- Barbara Weibel tells us to get lost (in a nice way) to enhance the travel experience whereas Nomadic Chick (and me included) simply can’t help it – either way it works!
- Tijmen asks and Jose answers – a good example of how blog comments bring foXnoMad, and all of you, together to travel smarter.
- Thanks Natalie for sparking the idea to do a live feed of the Iraq talk Wandering Earl and I will be doing in Vancouver at the beginning of June. (Anyone who will be around is invited to hear us chat about traveling in Iraq plus hang out with tea and shisha. We’ll also announce details about the video feed closer to the talk.)
- Skott and Shawna wanted to know where I get all of my contest prizes…here’s the answer.
My sincere thanks to everyone who left a comment over the past two months. Good conversation, advice, and laughs below each post so if you haven’t already, check out the comments from time to time or leave one yourself. If you’re shy, start by saying “hi” right on this very article to get things rolling 😉
[second photo by: !WOUW!]
Okay, Anil, I just realized I am going to be meeting you at TBEX. Will the earth move? A spontaneous black hole appear? I’ll wear my trekkie uniform, if you do. 🙂
haha, I’ll be there – live long and prosper until we meet in Vancouver!
Great stuff. looking forward to hearing more about the live feed Anil.
Thanks again for the idea and we’ll definitely let you know. I’m mulling the idea of broadcasting the talk live here and on Earl’s site, though I might be getting ahead of myself now!
Always love reading your blogs and reading the comments!!
Thanks for including me Anil, I would talk about Egypt for hours and hours (comments and comments?) :p
Are you still planning to come to Egypt at some point? Hope so 🙂
Your comments are always welcome, very informative and interesting 🙂
I’ll be in Cairo sometime before this weekend actually 🙂 Will you be around?
OF COURSEEE I will be around : ) I am leaving Egypt on the 16th… so anytime before then is ok : ) Am pretty busy with stuff but I am sure I will find the time to meet you : ) Let me know, DM me on Twitter : )
Great! I’ll send you a message right now 🙂
Cheers, Anil. Hopefully we’ll get a change to chat finally next month up in Vancouver. Looking forward to it!
Hi Nico, looking forward to seeing you next month and meet you in person 🙂