I hope it’s been a hot start to summer for those of you in the northern hemisphere, it started off chilly for me in Vancouver, Canada only to heat up two weeks later in Valencia, Spain. The comments too have been equally scorching, here are some that will give you a sunburn if you stand too close.
- Imperator gives a good account of how tourism is often a first-aid kit for economies recovering from various social and political ills.
- I’ve got no word on the hairy sausage Shane mentions though I do appreciate Snapping Blabber helping me to identify the names of Bulgarian foods I neglected to write down as I was too busy stuffing my face.
- I can relate to Priyank on this one, it’s taken a while for my parents to get exactly what I do for a living, though my grandmother…nowhere near close.
- The Travel Chica and I are both celebrating our birthdays – by fox years I guess we’re about the same age?
- I appreciate Stephen‘s advice on booking trains in China, I’ll need it late in September as I race toward Saigon on The Ultimate Train Challenge.
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments this past month. It’s summer travel season in the northern hemisphere – so, where are you off to over the next few months?
[photo by: Catriona Ward (pug on beach)]