The Best City To Visit Travel Tournament 2013: Final Four

best city 2013 final four

The Best City To Visit Travel Tournament 2013 that began back in mid-February with over 70 cities is now down to a Final Four: Granada, Bucharest, Buenos Aires, and Sibiu. Lisbon put up a very strong effort against Iberian neighbor Granada, but the Spaniards are left to contend with the Romanian capital, Bucharest. Also from that country, Sibiu is set to challenge surprise quarter-finalist Buenos Aires. Will we have an all, half, or none-Romanian final on Tuesday?

Voting in the Final Four is open until Monday, March 25th 6pm US EST to determine the two finalists in this year’s contest. Those of you reading through email and RSS will have to click-through to this page to vote.

The Best City Visit To Travel Tournament 2013 Final Four brackets.

best travel tablets 2013 final four brackets

Please keep in mind the final votes for any poll aren’t final until they’re verified by my diligent verification team. The Championship round to decide The Best City to Visit in 2013 will begin next Tuesday, March 26th.

Comments - 86 Responses   (Need a pic to show with your comment? Go get a gravatar!)

1. encarnacion says:

Viva Granada que es mi tierra y lo tiene todo arte,sol,mar,montaña ytapas gratis

2. Leenah says:

Where’s Brasov? Brasov is way better than Bucharest or Sibiu.

3. Victor says:

Hey,

I have visited Granada, live in Bucharest and was born in Sibiu.

Would recommend all 3 but have to go for my own country :) so come drink and party in Bucharest and relax in Sibiu.

4. Hunedoara says:

Sibiu is the best city to visit.Luv it!!

5. Zaratrustra says:

Ni de lejos esta encuesta esta bien planteada , Si se trata de promocionar Sibiu o Ciudades Rumanas no me interpongo ante ello , de echo iré a ver Sibiu ya que me intriga verla, pero por dios Buenos aires no merece esta humillación , promocionen la encuesta entre sudamericanos y no sean tan parciales.Por lo que respecta a Granada… den gracias a su promoción , pues nadie puede con ella ni conspirando jejeje. Sin animo de ofender , mucha suerte y visitaré Sibiu , siempre es bueno conocer nuevos lugares

• Claudiu-sb says:

Zaratrustra, great attitude, respect for that. If you will come to Sibiu you will be more than welcomed, infact we can halp you with variou informations and why not, we can drink a beer in in the main square of the city or somewhere in the montains (we are very close (40 km) from the most beautifull mountains in Romania. The same invitation is valid for you, Anil, you will be more than welcomed and I’ll be glad to meet with you.

6. Eliza says:

I’m not from Sibiu, but I have to admit that the city is amazing, so vote for Sibiu!

7. Andrei says:

Sibiu City deserves to win, is a beatiful city.

8. Franche says:

Ánimo Granada!!

9. Ana Q. says:

Romania will be in the final round!!
    Sibiu vs. Bucharest!

10. Dana says:

After this round, no matter the result between Granada and Bucharest, I’m sure many Spanish people will be curious about Bucharest, just as the Romanians will want to get to Granada to see its wonders. Both cities have a lot to win just by making it to this level of the tournament.
    Go, Bucharest, and let’s see Sibiu as Best City to Travel! :)

11. marina says:

Bucharest is my town and i love it ! be all wellcommed !!

12. CASA DE GRANADA says:

VENGA PAISANOS COMO VAMOS A DEJAR QUE GRANADA QUEDE ATRÁS!!! VOTEMOS QUE GRANADA SE LO MERECE, PORQUE ES LA MEJOR CIUDAD DEL MUNDO, POR CULTURA, POR ARTE, POR ACOGIDA, POR PRODUCTOS:LA MEJOR AGUA, LOS MEJORES ESPARRAGOS, LAS MEJORES TAPAS!!!

13. Tatiana says:

You have to see Brasov too…:)

14. zesa says:

No se porqué , pero creo que solo votan aquí Rumanos

15. mm says:

I have noticed that this voting system does not work properly!!!! It does not detect if you have already voted, etc.

16. maxim says:

I hope Sibiu wins :)

17. me..C says:

Between Bucharest and Sibiu…still Brasov is the best place to visit. Why it is not in this competition???…maybe because some stupid hidden interests :(

18. Cristian Gother says:

I visted Sibiu in 2007 and i was amazed. The city, the culture, the people…my god it was great. Since that i wanted to vist again each year, but sadly i couldn`t. But now i`a writeing this from Sibiu. Dreams do come true.

Take my advice. Visit Sibiu!

19. Daniel Galán says:

Well, this has come to an end and we’re definetely losing. But it has been a great match! Congratulations Bucharest!

I would like to invite every Bucharestian to visit Granada! We will welcome you as brothers!!!!!

Good luck against Sibiu!

• Imperator says:

Daniel, thank you for your kind words and we are waiting for you in Bucharest as well (I’ve been twice already to Granada). It was a nice fight and I am amazed how many people supported Bucharest and Sibiu in the semifinal (from newspapers, bloggers, travel agencies, music stars), Facebook was full with vote Bucharest & Sibiu !

• Adrian says:

Thank you, Daniel!

• Dana says:

That’s the spirit, Daniel! :)

Congratulations on a very hard fought tournament! I look forward to seeing Granada compete again next year :)

• Claudiu-sb says:

Daniel, great attitude. Honestly, I thought there will be some comments form somebody who doesn’t know how to loose with dignity but I’m wrong and I’m glad about that. Sibiu will beat Bucharest, so don’t worry :) . Sibiu people are invited in Granada? :)

20. erte says:

Que la mitad de votos a Bucarest fueron Españoles!!

• Claudiu-sb says:

If the google translate is working well, I understood that other spanish people voted for Bucharest?!?!?!?! Is this a joke or we are talking about envy?

21. Alina says:

I m from Bucharest..but if you don’t visit Sibiu city then you’ll be sorry for the rest of your life, this because Sibiu is the most beautiful town from Romania..then is Brasov and right after is Sinaia,..so..enjoy your visit..have wonderful time in Romania..take care

22. AINHOA says:

Granada es la mejor ciudad del mundo y la más bonica, además tenemos la mejor agua (como la de Lanjaron), la mejor leche (como la Puleva), los mejores bares con tapas, pubs o cualquier sitio que necesites para comer y pasarlo bien.
    VIVA GRANADA!!!
    Firmado: una granaína

23. sonia says:

Clearly it is better to visit Granada to Bucharest, I fall to my arabe its spell, warmth, good food, the friendliness of the people, their typical Andalusian streets.
    The Alhambra is increhible!

24. coolnewz says:

even if I would choose anytime to go to Granada instead of Bucharest or to Buenos Aires instead of Sibiu, I voted for the two Romanian cities :)

25. Adrian says:

If both Bucharest and Sibiu will win then you will make savings :) One flight and while traveling from Bucharest to Sibiu you can stop one day to Brasov, probably the most beautiful city in Romania :p

26. Alex Farca says:

I will soon be visiting Lisbon, meanwile vote for Sibiu and Bucharest :)

27. Delia says:

Why can’t I vote for Sibiu? It says “This poll requires a captcha to register a vote”.

28. Katyna says:

I really hope that Sibiu wins! <3

29. Andrei says:

Visit Sibiu, it’s nice, but Bucharest is not worth it IMO, it’s dull and gray.

30. Adrian says:

Sibiu is going well towards the final round. :)
    Vote #SibiuForBestCity2013

31. Andrei says:

Interesting – two Romanian cities have made it this far :)
    i really really recommend visiting Sibiu, it’s a gorgeous town surrounded by beautiful landscapes. And it can be a nice starting point to visit the western part of Romania. I took a few photos when I was there last year – http://andreinicoara.com/sibiu-photo-gallery/

32. Vlad says:

Anil, though it was a good idea, you do realize this tournament became quite irrelevant? :) I mean, the two cities in Romania are ok, but seriously, when is Sibiu going to be more beautiful than Paris? Or Bucharest more interesting than Rome? Never :) Don’t get me wrong, I’m from Romania, I love my country, but I’m also being realistic and I also saw the little country promotion campaign you generated over here.

I suppose it depends on your idea of interesting…and the votes.

• silviu says:

After your comment I see that you do not love your country. Maybe you like a mountain village and recommend it to others to visit it. If you always compare apples to oranges, is not worth visiting than Paris. The rest …

• Petra says:

It is not irrelevant, and it does put Sibiu on the map. Do Paris or Rome need promotion? No…so what would be the point of them being winners here. I say, way to go! Great job!

33. Imperator says:

Anil, a quick one: Tuesday is 26th, not 25th. So, the end of the voting for Final 4 round is Tuesday 26th or Monday 25th ?
    Tx for clarification ! :)

34. Looks like the Romanians have been working hard to win.

35. Go Granada says:

Go Granada! You can win!

36. Daniel says:

The battle Granada v Bucharest will be tough! Soooo exciting!

We will fight until the end!

#VotaGranada

37. lara says:

Granada la mejor!

38. I totally vote for Sibiu & Bucharest. And I’ll show you why: (I know it’s in Romanian, but still…)
    http://elenaciric.ro/2012/prinsibiulmeu-baroc-vizita.html + http://elenaciric.ro/2012/prinsibiulmeu-baroc.html

http://elenaciric.ro/2012/3-locuri-turisti-bucuresti.html [3 places I recommend in Bucharest]

39. Lola says:

Sorry but a contest that starts without Madrid and with Rosslyn is just a joke

My readers can (and do) nominate any cities they like. It’s part of the fun and adds to the variety, sorry you would prefer a more predictable tournament.

• Lola says:

No worries.

It is not that I’d prefer a more serious contest, it’s that I thought it was, hence my comment.

Now that I understand it is indeed a joke, I will nominate Stevenage and Paracuellos del Jarama for 2014.

40. Spain Football Player says:

Victor Hugo, Lorca, Shakespeare… They saw in Granada the most beautyful and inspirational wonder in the world.

41. Adrian says:

Bucharest is catching up! Go Bucharest! :)

42. Geta says:

Sibiu is great! you’re welcome here, Anil! :)

43. piersicoasa says:

SIBIU… where the old meets the new, where you can feel the medieval times and the cruel communism at the same time. nevertheless, fun is 100% guaranteed

44. Remy says:

SIBIU-HERMANNSTADT is great ! Good city to visit !

45. Corneliu says:

Brasov is best city in Romania. Second place for Sibiu, sorry. :P
    But I voted Sibiu. :)

46. María Eugenia says:

La ciudad más preciosa, bohemia y romántica es sin duda mi Granada

47. tiberyus says:

Sibiu, one of the most beautiful city in Europe, probaly the best city in Romania !! Sibiu was the European Capital of Culture in 2007 !!

48. George says:

Sorry guys, Bucharest is Amsterdam twice ! Need to go downtown!

• Anouk says:

Amin to that!!!!! BUCHAREST HAS THE BEST NIGHTLIFE OUT THERE! the city is full of life anytime, not just during the weekend!

49. Anonimus! says:

Go GRANADA!

50. Estefania says:

Granada!! Good city to visit, the best to live there! Go to Granada, it will be amazing!!

51. Ingrid says:

Bucharest!!!!!!!! BEESSTTT night life everrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. Mihai Trambitas says:

Sibiu rullzzzzz

Visit Sibiu and you would not be sorry!

• Bogdan says:

Agree with you… I am from Bucharest, but i voted for Sibiu. Reasons? Sibiu is a gorgeous Medieval City, citizen are honest and enjoy to show you the atmosphere… And many other reasons…

53. How fitting that my hometown, Chicago, beat out a city just a few hours’ drive from me! I’ve been to three of the top four and, vamos, hard to say which is my favorite. If you make it to Granada, please come visit Seville!

(-1)