Send me your best pictures of Africa, or African culture, art, or food from anywhere in the world and win one of 3 prizes, including a Casio digital camera or $75 cash. My map of places I’ve visited is devoid of Africa and I want you to help me plan my next trip there.
I’m looking for the pictures that will help me decide which African country or city I should visit first. I’m looking for the best three pictures to inspire me to go to any part of Africa. The pictures don’t actually have to be from Africa, so get creative – it can be an Kenyan sculpture, Egyptian dancer, or Moroccan jewelry for example.
- Send me your photo entry. Include the ‘Photo Contest’ in the subject line. Pictures must be less than 2MB. Please include your name, single line caption for the photo, and website if you have one.
- The deadline is 11:59pm EST November 17, 2008.
- The winners, first, second, and third place, will be determined by a reader poll from December 1-16, 2008.
- First Prize: A Casio Exilim EX-Z80 8.1 Megapixel digital camera (pictured right).
- Second Prize: $75 cash, via Paypal.
- Third Prize: Long Way Down DVD.
- Additional Prizes: All of my RSS readers, email subscribers, and Facebook fans are automatically entered to win the Long Way Down book and a 1GB SD card.
After reading your sexy stories over the summer, I’m really looking forward to your inspiring African pictures!
[photo by: Pepix2007]
It’s a pity I cannot visit Africa and take active participation in this cool contest.
The photos don’t necessarily have to be *from Africa* – they just have to *inspire me* to visit a part of it. So, you can take pictures from anywhere in the world!
hey, can i just take a photo of myself half naked with some paint on my face?
LOL! Who are you trying to inspire?? 😉
Strangely enough, one of the most normal requests I’ve gotten so far…
HAHAH e’s is the best idea ever.
@ e and Deniz:
Ok, now you are getting endorsements – be careful what you wish for!