Choose your favorite city in the world to visit and win $50 in the Best City To Visit Travel Tournament. Entering is simple, all you have to do is leave your city in the comments below. Only one city per person (more precisely per email address) and your choice of cities is first come first serve. The deadline to enter a city is midnight US EST this Friday February 19th and all I need is a comment below with any city that’s not already taken.
Voting for the preliminary round will begin next Monday, February 22nd. Each Monday during the month of March readers will vote in a tournament-style bracket as each city is paired against another. The person who selects the city to win the tournament gets the cash (via Paypal).
Cities That Are Already Taken
Since I let my newsletter subscribers know ahead of time about the contest, the following cities have already been taken:
- Boston – (Susan)
- Barcelona – (Stephane)
- Kyoto – (Guner)
- Paris – (Rod)
- New York City – (Michaela)
- Istanbul – (Deniz)
- One city per email address.
- Leave your city in the comments below and look to make sure you’re not nominating a city someone has already added to the comments.
- Once you pick a city it’s yours, no changing your mind later and your first name will be posted along with your entry.
- Voting takes place for each round beginning on Feb. 22 and ending on April 2nd (prizes sent out before April 30). The winner will receive $50 and if you’ve subscribed to my RSS feed or email updates throughout the month of March your prize is $100.
I’ll take up to 64 cities so don’t be shy and add a city. It’s an easy contest to enter and you can check out last year’s tournament to follow the path Sydney, Australia took to winning the title of best city to visit.
[photo by: bjorn1101]