The long Thanksgiving weekend back in November threw off foXnoMad‘s schedule a bit and as a result I didn’t get to post the best comments. Instead I saved them and decided to combine them with some of the best comments of this past December, including a few from 2010 as well.
The Best Comments From November 2010
- Vago reminds us that Raki is dangerous, with a capital “D”.
- I’m with Mark H, I’d like to see “most economical” as an ultimate travel claim.
- Save money in the UK when calling the airlines with Ronnie‘s tip.
- Audrey gives some thoughtful perspective on why everyone can’t travel but as Sherry recommends, if you can, experience the world.
- An important reminder from Barbara for those of you who’ve turned traveling into work.
The Best Comments From December 2010
- Turkey’s For Life deems Sweden is the new black…I’m inclined to agree.
- If you want to save on luggage fees, Priyank recommends placing your bags slowly on the scale at airline counters.
- A taxi around the world sounds like a hell of an adventure – thanks Kirsty for introducing us to It’s On The Meter.
- Those of you experimenting with digitally editing photos, check out My Little Nomads‘ third piece of advice.
Some Of The Best Comments From 2010 Revisited
- January: You can start to learn how to take a motorcycle trip around the world and connect with like minds by reading Johnny Vagabond‘s recommendations.
- February: It’s amazing what resolution you can get with a point-and-shoot digital camera these days. Kim Kinrade was able to spot several “Dublin clues” in my picture of D’olier Chambers.
- March: Amy‘s not traveling without her iPhone and Ayngelina isn’t cutting out the booze but you can still cut some of these 7 things you can really do without to save money.
- April: Joel has a lot of good information on bank and credit card accounts that don’t charge many of the fees travelers come across.
- May: If you travel with family on a budget, soultravelers3 has an idea that can further help your wallet.
- June: Stephanie adds more 3 more travel-inspiring figures that are on her personal list as does Sherry Ott.
- July: Wandering Earl lets those flying in the US in on another great way to earn 20,000 miles with the JetBlue True Blue program.
- August: Gillian highly recommends this free walking tour in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- September: For all of you flying across Europe with your pets, consider taking KLM for a stop in Amsterdam. JoAnna mentions the (rather awesome) fact that the airline has a pet hotel for layovers.
- October: Wandering Trader asks how long it took me to research this post – the answer is a few months but the idea had been brewing for nearly 2 years.
I can’t say it enough – your comments are what bring foXnoMad to life. You leave some of the most engaging, informative, and entertaining comments on the blogosphere and without your words this site simply wouldn’t be the same. My most sincere thanks to everybody who commented this past year, whether to add some advice or just say hello – I appreciate every single one. A Happy New Year to each and every one of you who read this site and support me in so many ways, it never goes unnoticed.
[photos by: Kevin Steele (whispering cats), ex.libris (Swedish flag)]
Thanks for the mention Anil, have a happy new year 2011!
You’re welcome Priyank and a happy new year to you as well 🙂
Now all we need to do is decide whether we are dedicated followers of fashion and pay a visit to Sweden!
Wishing you LOTS of continued success with foXnoMad and your other blogs throughout 2011. Happy New Year!
Barry and Julia
It would be a good escape from a few hot Fethiye summer days 🙂 Thank you very much for the Happy New Year and of course same to you and Turkey’s For Life! See you tonight!
happy new year Anil. wishing you more adventures this 2011…
Thank you Flip, Happy New Year to you as well. Wishing you happiness, success, and travels in 2011!
Couple of very useful links on here that were before I started following your site. Sweet!
Glad I could highlight a few from the previous year Stephen. Some of the best information on foXnoMad can be found in the comments 🙂
Thanks for the mention Anil hope everyone found the tip useful.
My pleasure, it was a great tip 🙂
Thanks for the mention – the boys are about to set off from London in around a weeks time 🙂
They should run the meter the whole time to see what the fare is at the end of the journey 🙂