Today is the 3rd anniversary of this blog, foXnoMad. This wasn’t always a travel blog and if you are interested you can read the history of foXnoMad. Today I’d like to spend a little time to share 15 things about foXnoMad with you.
- It takes me around an hour and a half to get an average post done.
- My most popular post is the best places to travel on a weak dollar, which appeared on the Consumerist.
- Readers have won more than $750 through my various contests, and another one is coming up soon.
- I give away a copy of every book I review.
- I never feel like I post enough pictures. Consequently I’ve resolved to take more pictures from now on.
- Spell check is a lifesaver except is doesn’t help when you correctly spell raping instead of rapping.
- I respond to every comment and legitimate email, quite quickly I might add, but I’m working on pacing myself.
- I get an average of 15-20 blog related emails a day.
- Speaking of, people have asked me to find their lost luggage. I don’t work for Lufthansa, but I’ve got their number.
- I usually schedule out my posts a week in advance and I’ve got a list of around 50 things to post at any given time.
- The shorter the post, the more I struggle to write it. Like this one.
- I try to limit my writing to certain nights a week, which rarely happens.
- I’m subscribed to more than 100 travel blogs and this list keeps growing. You can subscribe to foXnoMad via RSS, daily email updates, or my bimonthly newsletter.
- I’ll be announcing a way to win some money for your next trip to my subscribers very soon (see #3 above).
- This is the 3rd year of foXnoMad and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
I’ve spent my entire life traveling, studying cultures, and picking up tricks along the way. I created foXnoMad to connect with other travelers, discover their world, and share what I’ve learned about mine to help you travel smarter. Hopefully in some ways I’ve been able to accomplish this goal. Any other questions about foXnoMad – let me know!
[photo by: Property#1]
Yay happy birthday foXnoMad!
P.S. That fox pic is so cute. ^-^
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Picked that fox because he looked so happy taking his nap 🙂
Happy Anniversary! I remember the raping flight attendant, I think I almost wet my pants when I read it.
The consumerist post that you mentioned, i think, is the one that first got me reading your blog.
I will toast to you, in anticipation of future blogging prosperity!
haha me too. A few people pointed the rap/rape mistake to me and I couldn’t get to a computer to change it for a few hours. At first I had an OMG! moment knowing it was up there but thought it was hilarious once I got to change it.
Thanks for reading since that post way back when, I appreciate it!
Happy anniversary! That’s awesome one of your posts was included on the Consumerist. This was a great post- looking forward to your next contest!
Thank you Susan!
It’s a photo contest, get your camera ready!
I think it’s great that so many people who discovered my blog through that one post on the Consumerist still come by and check out foxnomad from time to time. It was really great to be featured there, it’s one of my favorite site to read.
Congratulations on your 3rd year! I’m glad I could join you for it and I’m looking forward to reading more about your adventures.
Glad to have discovered your blog as well and congratulations again on reaching 500 posts.
Congratulations on 3 years that’s quite an achievement. I like this post, I wish more bloggers would write something like this. It’s nice for a new blogger like me to read things like this. It helps keep me motivated and focused on goals.
So thanks, and here’s to another 3 years.
I appreciate that Trey. I actually just re-read this post and it’s amazing how things change and grow within even a few months. I’ll try and remember to do a follow up next year.
There is such a huge learning curve so it’s definitely something you have to stick with for the long haul. Looking forward to seeing your site grow as well in the years to come.