United States Travel Information
These are just some of the posts about America I’ve written in the past.
- The Mafia Beginnings Of Las Vegas’ Most Successful Failure – A very condensed history of Bugsy Seigel’s involvement in Las Vegas’ casino culture.
- A Slice Of Naples At Pupatella In Arlington, Virginia – Wonderful Neapolitan pizzeria right outside of Washington DC.
- The Advantages Of Traveling To America – Why tourists should consider adding the US to their travel plans.
- Parts Of Texas You Can’t Capture With A Camera – There are some things photos can’t do justice to.
- The Best Places To Travel On A Weak Dollar – US Edition – The cheapest places in the US to visit.
- Top 5 Thrills In New York City – Great things to do in New York.
- Uncovering The Variety Within Buffalo, New York – An insiders look into the underrated city by Laura Pedersen, author of Buffalo Unbound.
Photography From Around The United States
- Alone In A Crowd: An American Flag At JFK International Airport In Queens, New York – A photo moment in travel that could have been so easy to miss.
- Pictures From The Sightly Site Of Steep Erosion: Sleeping Bear Dunes – Geology in motion at one of the most impressive natural sites I’ve seen.
- The Conspicuous Statue Of Angelina Eberly In Downtown Austin, Texas – How one woman helped keep the capitol of Texas right where it is.
- The Simple Things Waiting Along The St. Johns River In Jacksonville, Florida – A life lesson from man’s best friend.
- The Texas State Capitol Building In Austin, Texas – The tour both guided and not, is informative, entertaining, and enlightening.
- In Pictures: The Costumes Of The 2011 Las Vegas Star Trek Convention – From Borg to Klingons, some of the best costumes I was able to capture on camera.
- The Hoover Dam Before And After The Colorado River – A piece of the history behind this architectural feat.
- Indianapolis City Hall – A photo of Indianapolis’ small City Hall.
- Megan Mary Olander Flower Shop In Seattle, Washington – A tiny shop in Seattle, Washington.
- New York City Pride – A picture from the 2010 Pride Parade.
- A Swedish Dala Horse: Scandinavian Heritage Museum Minot, North Dakota – A testament to the city’s Scandinavian heritage.
View United States in a larger map
Where I’ve Stayed & Recommend [What this means]
A Few Places To Eat, Drink, And Explore [What this means]
These are just a few selected places of the many I visited in these cities for a sample of what to see and taste.
- Indianapolis – Explore: Indianapolis City Hall [map];
- Glen Arbor – Eat & Drink: Boonedocks [map];
- Traverse City – Eat & Drink: Boathouse Restaurant [map];
- Las Vegas - Eat & Drink: All American Bar & Grille [map]; McFadden’s [map]; Ports O’Call Buffet [map];
- Minot – Explore: Scandinavian Heritage Museum [map];
- Alexandria – Eat & Drink: Cairo Cafe [map];
- Arlington - Eat & Drink: Ireland’s Four Courts [map]; Pupatella [map];
- Seattle - Eat & Drink: Starbucks 1912 Pike Place [map];
- Explore: Bill Speidel’s Underground Tour [map]; Megan Mary Olander Flower Shop [map];
- California (San Francisco) – Florida (Boca Raton, Jacksonville) – Massachusetts (Springfield, Hadley) – Michigan (Glen Arbor, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Traverse City) Nevada (Hoover Dam, Las Vegas) – North Dakota (Minot) – Texas (Austin) – Virginia (Arlington, Reston) – Washington (Seattle) – West Virgina (Smoke Hole Caverns)
You can learn more travel information about other nations by checking out the full country list here.