These are just some of the posts about America I’ve written in the past.
- How To Plan A Day Trip To Seward, Alaska – Not too far from Anchorage and a lot to do.
- How Much To Tip Movers, Hairdressers, And More In The U.S. – It’s more complicated than just 15%.
- Washington DC In Wide Angle, Photos During Lockdown – A look at an unusually quiet National Mall.
- Asking Demonstrators Why They Attended The Million MAGA March – This is either disturbing or encouraging, depending on who’s listening.
- Here’s The Party Washington DC Turned Into After Election Called For Biden – A big city celebration.
- What It Was Like On Election Night 2020 In Washington D.C. – See for yourself.
- What It’s Like Visiting A Gun Show In America – Expectations loaded.
- Student Shares What To Know When Moving To Chicago For College – Preparation for kids and parents alike.
- Washington DC’s Best Chinese Restaurant Has A Spicy Secret Menu – Great Wall is a great restaurant with a unique kick.
- 8 Reasons An Area 51 Raid Would Fail – Where to begin?
- Save Money On Utah’s Mountains By Visiting In Summer – The best of the mountains at 20% the cost.
- There’s Another Washington D.C. Space Museum 30 Miles Outside The City, Very Worth The Drive – One of the best museums of Washington D.C. isn’t even in the city.
- An Insider’s Guide To Saving Money, Meeting Celebrities, And Otherwise Hacking The Las Vegas Star Trek Convention – What I’ve learned over the past few years attending STLV.
- Why Tex-Mex Isn’t Mexican Food – The tasty differences between the two.
- The Mafia Beginnings Of Las Vegas’ Most Successful Failure – A very condensed history of Bugsy Seigel’s involvement in Las Vegas’ casino culture.
- A Slice Of Naples At Pupatella In Arlington, Virginia – Wonderful Neapolitan pizzeria right outside of Washington DC.
- The Advantages Of Traveling To America – Why tourists should consider adding the US to their travel plans.
- Parts Of Texas You Can’t Capture With A Camera – There are some things photos can’t do justice to.
- The Best Places To Travel On A Weak Dollar – US Edition – The cheapest places in the US to visit.
- Top 5 Thrills In New York City – Great things to do in New York.
- Uncovering The Variety Within Buffalo, New York – An insiders look into the underrated city by Laura Pedersen, author of Buffalo Unbound.
Videos From United States
Photography From Around The United States
- This Is The Geographic Center Of The Lower 48 United States: It’s In Lebanon (Kansas) – Strangely enough.
- The Endless Angles Of The Chicago Bean – Nearly impossible to take a dull photo of.
- Boathouse Restaurant With A View In Traverse City, Michigan – Make sure you don’t miss this photo (not the one you’re expecting).
- A Look Up Inside The Golden Dome Of The Austin, Texas Capitol Building – So much Texas in a single shot.
- Alone In A Crowd: An American Flag At JFK International Airport In Queens, New York – A photo moment in travel that could have been so easy to miss.
- Pictures From The Sightly Site Of Steep Erosion: Sleeping Bear Dunes – Geology in motion at one of the most impressive natural sites I’ve seen.
- The Conspicuous Statue Of Angelina Eberly In Downtown Austin, Texas – How one woman helped keep the capitol of Texas right where it is.
- The Simple Things Waiting Along The St. Johns River In Jacksonville, Florida – A life lesson from man’s best friend.
- The Texas State Capitol Building In Austin, Texas – The tour both guided and not, is informative, entertaining, and enlightening.
- In Pictures: The Costumes Of The 2011 Las Vegas Star Trek Convention – From Borg to Klingons, some of the best costumes I was able to capture on camera.
- The Hoover Dam Before And After The Colorado River – A piece of the history behind this architectural feat.
- Indianapolis City Hall – A photo of Indianapolis’ small City Hall.
- Megan Mary Olander Flower Shop In Seattle, Washington – A tiny shop in Seattle, Washington.
- New York City Pride – A picture from the 2010 Pride Parade.
- A Swedish Dala Horse: Scandinavian Heritage Museum Minot, North Dakota – A testament to the city’s Scandinavian heritage.
View United States in a larger map
Where I’ve Stayed & Recommend [What this means]
- Miami – Hilton Miami Airport Hotel Review (view on map)
- Orlando – Cabana Bay Beach Resort Review [Book on Booking.com]
- Coralville – Days Inn Review
- Cambridge – Royal Sonesta Review;
- Alliance – Sunset Motel Review
- Las Vegas
- New York City – Four Points By Sheraton Midtown [Book on Booking.com]
- Rochester – Comfort Inn West [Book on Booking.com]
A Few Places To Eat, Drink, And Explore [What this means]
These are just a few selected places of the many I visited in these cities for a sample of what to see and taste.
- Morrison – Eat & Drink: TNT Country Kitchen;
- Boca Raton – Eat & Drink: Flakowitz Bagel Inn [map];
- Miami – Eat & Drink: Casa Juancho [map];
- Orlando – Eat & Drink: Cedars; Jake’s American Bar;
- Winter Park – Eat & Drink: Ethos Vegan Kitchen;
- Chicago – Eat & Drink: The Map Room; West Egg Cafe;
- Explore: The Signature Lounge;
- Schiller Park – Eat & Drink: Cafe Mirage;
- Indianapolis – Explore: Indianapolis City Hall [map];
- Glen Arbor – Eat & Drink: Boonedocks [map];
- Traverse City – Eat & Drink: Boathouse Restaurant [map];
- Las Vegas – Eat & Drink: All American Bar & Grille [map]; Blueberry Hill Family Restaurant; Bonito Michoacan; MGM Buffet; McFadden’s [map]; Ports O’Call Buffet [map]; The Buffet at Excalibur; The Modern Vegan; Viva Las Arepas;
- Explore: Hoover Dam [map];
- New York City – Eat & Drink: Beer Authority; Jack’s Wife Freda; Jenny’s Marketplace; Maoz; Pho Bar; Theatre Row Diner;
- Minot – Explore: Scandinavian Heritage Museum [map];
- Alexandria – Eat & Drink: Cairo Cafe [map];
- Arlington – Eat & Drink: Ireland’s Four Courts [map]; Pupatella [map];
- Vienna – Eat & Drink: Caffe Amouri;
- Seattle – Eat & Drink: Starbucks 1912 Pike Place [map];
- Explore: Bill Speidel’s Underground Tour [map]; Megan Mary Olander Flower Shop [map];
- Alaska (Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks, Seward, Talkeetna) California (San Francisco) – Colorado (Morrison) – Florida (Boca Raton, Jacksonville) – Illinois (Chicago) – Iowa (Burlington, Riverside) – Kansas (Lebanon) – Louisiana (New Orleans) – Massachusetts (Springfield, Hadley) – Michigan (Glen Arbor, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Traverse City) – Nebraska (Alliance, Hastings) – New York (New York City, Rochester) Nevada (Area 51, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Rachel) – North Dakota (Minot) – Texas (Austin) – Utah (Alta, Delta, Herriman) – Virginia (Arlington, Reston) – Washington (Seattle) – Washington D.C. – West Virgina (Smoke Hole Caverns)
You can learn more travel information about other nations by checking out the full country list here.