Turkey Travel Information
You can find more Turkey travel information within the posts below.
- Birthday Pictures Of The Hagia Sophia In Istanbul, Which Turns 1,475 This Year – Imagine some of the stories this building has to tell.
- 8 Days In Fethiye, Turkey – What to see in this incredible part of the country.
- 48 Hours In Istanbul – An overview of how to get the most out of the city in a short time.
- How To Drink Raki Like A Turk – A primer on how to enjoy Turkey’s national drink.
- 5 Turkish Cities (Other Than Istanbul) To Add To Your Itinerary – Places to explore outside of Turkey’s western coast.
- Why Ataturk’s Image Is Everywhere In Turkey – Visitor’s to Turkey may be wondering about the man whose statues and pictures dot the landscape.
- Turning Ankara Turkey Into A Tourist Town – Things to do in Ankara.
- 7 Vegetarian Turkish Foods For Visiting Travelers Who Don’t Eat Meat – There are many meat-free common foods throughout Turkey.
- The Path Of The Lost Above Cappadocia, Turkey – Pictures and video views of this popular tourist destination.
Photography From Around Turkey
- Protector Of The State: A Solider Standing Guard In Front Of Anitkabir In Ankara, Turkey – A sentry at his post outside of this famous monument.
- Weeks Before The Crowds In Oludeniz On Turkey’s Mediterranean Coast – A photo from one of Turkey’s most popular beaches.
- Ataturk’s Mausoleum Anitkabir: Ankara, Turkey – A look outside and in of this important Turkish memorial.
- The Walled Obelisk In Istanbul’s Hippodrome – One of several things to see in Istanbul’s Sultanahmet Park.
- Fethiye’s Amyntas Lycian Rock Tombs – Built right into the cliffs over looking Fethiye you’ll get a wonderful view of the city from here.
- Santa Standing In Front Of His House In Demre, Turkey – Find out about the man behind the legend in the town where he lived.
- Cut Out Of A Mountain: The Ancient Theater In Myra, Turkey – Take another step on the Lycian trail in Turkey.
- The Most Common Yet Irresistible View From Istanbul’s Basilica Cistern – A site in Istanbul that’s nearly impossible to take a bad photo of.
- A Lone Dog Standing In The Ruins Of Ephesus, Turkey – A rare glimpse of an empty Ephesus.
View Turkey in a larger map
Where I’ve Stayed & Recommend [What this means]
- Agora Guesthouse Review (view on map) [Book on Hostelbookers]
- Hilton Garden Inn Review (view on map)
- Sarnic Hostel Review (view on map) [Book on Hostelbookers]
- Second Home Hostel Review (view on map) [Book on Hostelbookers]
A Few Places To Eat, Drink, And Explore
These are just a few selected places of the many I visited in these cities for a sample of what to see and taste.
- Eat & Drink: Kanatci [map]; Yesim Cafe [map];
- Explore: Anitkabir [map]; Anittepe Spor Tesisleri [map]; Ankara Ethnographic Museum [map]; Ankara Kalesi (Hisar) [map]; Ankara Resim Heykel Muzesi (Painting and Sculpture Museum) [map]; Atakule [map]; Cikrikcilar Yokusu [map]; Kocatepe Mosque [map]; Kizilay [map]; Maltepe Pazari [map]; Museum of Anatolian Civilizations [map]; Organik Pazari [map]; Ulus Metro [map - 2 sites here, Column Of Julian and Temple Of Augustus And Rome];
- Explore: Cavusin Church [map];
- Eat & Drink: Big Pub [map]; Duran Nargile Cafe [map]; Kahverengi Cafe & Nargile [map]; Kaktus Cafe [map]; Karakoy Gulluoglu Baklava [map]; Mesale Cafe [map]; Pasazade Restaurant [map]; Pasha Nargile [map]; Robert’s Cafe [map]; Safiye Sultan Cafe [map]; Semazen Bufe [map]; Sinan Lokantasi [map]; Sultanahmet Koftecisi [map]; Tasfirin Pide & Doner Evi [map]; Yakup 2 [map]; Ya & Re [map] Zencefil [map];
- Explore: Basilica Cistern [map]; Galata Tower [map]; Hagia Sophia [map]; Sultanahmet Park [map];
- Explore: Sinop Fortress [map];
You can learn more travel information about other nations by checking out the full country list here.